So, apparently today, the 10th of October is National Handbag Day. I had no idea handbags had their own day. But as a handbag aficionado and proud card-carrying member of The Purse Forum (they don’t actually do the membership card thing, but if they did I’d carry it around with all my other cards: Starbucks Gold Card, my 3 CCs, my Ramen redemption cards, and my too-many-pieces-of-IDs) , I am EXCITED.
In lieu of today, I thought I should take the time to list some of the bags I’d love to own one day, and when I say own, I mean this list gives me things to save towards owning…I work for my stuff >[ *Cue “Independent Women – Destiny’s Child”*
Be prepared, they’re all designer stuff >.< (HEY! It’s a wishlist no? A girl can dream no?)
1) Céline Croc Stamped Phantom – Look of crocodile leather for less….A LOT LESS. Also, I love its sort of rock-and-roll/dark punkish appeal.
2) Céline Tri-colour Trapeze – Not sure which combination but I love the idea of a “pop” colour on a trapeze <3 -> Neither of these are available brand new anymore, unless you’re really really lucky. But hopefully when I have my pennies saved up, similar combinations will be released
3) Chanel Jumbo Caviar (Black) – Widely considered one of the must-haves of any and every bag lover’s collection, this understated classic beauty is something I’ve dreamt about owning for a while now.
TBH, I’d love to own this bag in a patent red too, and navy, and beige…but for now I’ll settle for it in black.
4) Prada Saffiano Lux Tote – In baby pink or blue, once again I cannot decide. When mum and I went window shopping earlier this year in our sunny little island, she couldn’t decide which one she loved more either. For people who know me, this is probably a really surprising choice but well, the pastels work wonders with most outfits and the way Prada treated their leather makes colour-transfer unlikely. Practical and beautiful…and probably the cheapest on this list. <3
5) Hermès Kelly - Finally, this bag…it’s one of THE “It” bags among those who know…less famous than its bigger sister but just as beautiful. Oh, and the catch? I really want her in Pink. Shocking pink, Hermès Candyline Rose Tyrien pink (which is also the official name for this bag anyway Rose Tyrien Epsom). I like pop colours a lot, and wear way too much black. That’s my excuse for this particular bag lust anyway.
And if, by some blessed twist of luck, I can buy all these and still stay out of bankruptcy…here’s a 6th.
6) Hermès Birkin – Now, this is the last bag because while I love and admire the aesthetics of the ones before, I’m not sure if my lust for this one is because I am in love with the history and craftsmanship or if it is simply the “need-to-own” since this is THE Holy Grail of all handbags. Anyway, if I am blessed enough to one day be able to afford this, I’d love it in Togo Orange. Trademark H.
Anyway, that’s all to the list. Total cost? I don’t even wanna know. I should probaaaaaably do a Bag Collection post. But if I do, promise you won’t hate me and leave? Because really all the bag collection videos on youtube end up with spamloads of hateful comments….terrifying.
Anyway, Happy National Handbag Day, may your closets forever be full, may you always get your holy grails and enjoy all of them in good health and with love. <3
Ps. Took photos from off google image searches, if they’re yours and you want them off the blog. Please leave me a note. All rights to the owners, I’m only borrowing the photos and admiring them.